Thursday, April 12, 2012

First post!



For those who don't really know me and as this is my first blog allow me to introduce myself, My name is Mariah- I'm 26 years old - graduated college in 2008 and am now working full time as an Assistant Administrator at an Assisted Living... blah blah blah-- now onto the more exciting stuff:  I have been blessed with a gorgeous daughter, (T). I know I am biased (because she is mine) but she is absolutely (as Jim Carey said it in Bruce Almighty) B-E-A-UTIFUL. I don't know how or why this girl was chosen for me, but I am more than grateful that she is in my life. I don't know how I thought I was "living" before she came along! She is 2 years old (My Valentine's baby) and has such a personality. Mom always told me (as many other mom's have probably told their daughters) "Just wait, you will have a daughter one day and she will be JUST LIKE YOU" -- well Mom, I don't know how you knew that so long ago, but wow. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the twilight zone with the things T does! She LOVES to dance, sing, play outside (a bit of a Tom Boy) and most of all she loves to TALK -- which her momma does as well. I am fortunate that T is able to come to work with me so I don't miss much of her growing up (thank goodness ~ I have SO MUCH respect for the working Mother's out there with their little ones in day-care!)

** Time slipped away-- here I am two days later trying to get this first post up!** 

Another love of my life is T's Dad, D :). He is a wonderful father, and T adores him so much. I love the "daddy" voice he has when he talks to her-- it goes up a couple of octaves and he smiles from ear to ear. He is a great partner- no, we are not married, but that will come someday "why fix something that isn't broken" -- for now ;). We are happy, T is happy and that's all that matters! 



Lastly, my animal children Keela (American Pit Bull Mix) and Luna (Cat) -- I have always been the type of girl that wanted the "lap"dogs -- tiny ones you can carry in your purse snuggle with on the couch and sit on your lap in the car -- well Miss Keela is 70lbs, but thinks she is all of the above -- she is the most lovable (some times TOO lovable) dog in the world -- the things people say about Pit Bulls - sadly I used to be one of those people - is completely FALSE -- it's how the dog is raised not how it looks! Luna on the other hand.. was not a "planned" addition. Keela stays home during the day and I was always so concerned that she was lonely -- and finally after searching what I could do, I stumbled across a craigslist add about an 8 week old LITTER BOX trained kitten for 10.00 -- and I had just won 10.00 off a scratch ticket- immediately thought "she is meant to be". So long story short Luna joined our family in October 2011 and we a great addition she has been. She is so loving and the perfect pal for Keela :)

Now the entire purpose of this (hopefully) keep up with my 2nd PREGNANCY! ahh, yes. Pregnant again -- totally unplanned was actually using prevention and well... apparently it's just the way the cookie crumbles- this baby was determined! I have not announced it to "the world" yet, just D, some close family members- haven't told D's family yet, but we will soon as I am 10 weeks now and starting to show- flowy dresses can only hide so much ;)

I saw this great idea that may help me keep up with this blog at least weekly- by answering the same questions each week (duh!) so here we go:

Ten Weeks  
Baby is the size of a: PRUNE!

With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.)  

New Symptoms: Nothing "too" new; I'm still E.X.H.A.U.S.T.E.D all the time, no matter what time I go to bed. The nausea has been the worst part. Running around after a 2 year old all day & nausea is torture, but hopefully it's almost over. I used to have it ALL day long, I felt sick more than I felt good most days- but now it's just first thing in the morning and then before bed.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: No loss or gain so far!
Maternity Clothes: yes & no- I can't where my jeans without the help of the belly bands (where you leave your button undone and it covers it up) so right now I'm sticking with yoga pants and flowy dresses :)
Stretch Marks: None - lets hope it stays that way!
Sleep: Can't get enough of it!
Movement: Nothing yet!
Food Cravings/Aversions:cravings: Mexican food I want for breakfast, lunch and dinner --    aversions:seafood- and normally I am a huge seafood lover, and what's weird is it was okay up until I was about 8 weeks then even the thought of it made me sick.
Gender:  Unknown
Belly Button In or Out:In!
What I Miss: My energy! I come home for work dying to take a nap, but have house work to do and a toddler who loves my attention- by 8:30 when it's time to put T to bed, I'm ready!
What I am Looking Forward To: Finding out the sex of this baby!! 


Happy Thursday Everyone!


xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment