Saturday, November 10, 2012

1 week old (and 2 days)

I finally got her birth story posted, and now I am 2 days late on her first week home- talking about my sweet perfect Giana <3

1 week old <3

I don't know why or how I have had now TWO children who are so mellow and easy going- this momma is getting 4 hours a night at a time, I feel rested & refreshed when I wake up - and enjoy waking up in the middle of the night just to peak at her <3

She was born 11.01.12, and we checked out 11.02.12... call me crazy, but we we're clear and I figured what's the point? D&T were thrilled to go home, I couldn't wait to get our life going again :) 

Giana is so easy going, I don't even know how to describe it. She eats, sleeps, poops (alot) and is easily soothed. She is so extremely alert and calm - I am so lucky. The adjustment with her & T has been UNBELIEVEABLE. T is so in love with her baby sister, the first day (at the hospital) she was a bit jealous, but that is the ONLY day we have had, and it wasn't bad- she was just confused as to how is G out of mommy's belly- but now... she wants to help and kiss and hug- she's just so proud to be a big sister. 

When we left the hospital G weighed 6lbs 9oz (lost 4oz, which is normal) and since I was leaving a day early they scheduled her first doctors appointment for Sunday ~ at that appointment she had lost more weight 6lbs 6.5ounces, I was getting nervous, why is my sweet baby NOT gaining weight!? We scheduled another appointment for that Wednesday- I was determined to get her to gain some weight, and boy did she make her momma proud- gained 8 ounces in 5 days- wahoo! We are on a great eating routine, and really have gotten the hang out our newest addition <3 



Until next week baby girl, we love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment