Monday, November 19, 2012

2 weeks!

Here we are again- 4 days late on this post, but I'm proud of myself for remembering to post period! 

Two weeks & 4 days have passed since Miss Giana Jade was born! Time really flies when you're having fun ;) Our family has really adapted to having another family member added to our bunch - we have a good routine going, and life couldn't be better! 


Dearest Giana,

You are such a joy in my life! Nothing could have prepared me for the love I feel for you my sweet girl <3 You have brought so much love to our family

Your sister, T, loves you so much. Mommy & Daddy did not know how she would take to having to share her parents, but to EVERYONES pleasant surprise, you & T have taken to each other so much already even at such a young age. Jealousy was my biggest fear- I heard HORROR stories of older siblings biting the new baby, or resenting the new baby because of having to share, but lucky for you baby G, your sister loves you so much- and loves caring for you. When you cry she runs to your rescue and either sings to you, if that doesn't work she rocks your rock & play/swing and/or even tries to give you your paci- so gently. I'm not sure how she has grasped that concept  yet- having to be so gentle with you.



 It melts my heart to see you two together. 

You had your 2 week check up on tuesday:: weighing in at 7.25lbs 20.5 inches long! you also have (sadly) already had your first cold :( hearing how congested you were broke my heart! I swear we were in the bathroom 3+ times a day steaming the shower to help relieve your trouble with breathing! thank goodness you seem to be getting over it now! xo

Your sleeping habits are something out of a dream peanut (mommy's nickname for you- not sure if it will stick, but it's cute right now)- I mean really, I feel refreshed in the mornings and you are so happy when you wake up which must mean you are refreshed too!

You are nursing about 10+ times a day= lots! You love to eat, absolutely love it which is fine by me: mommy loves chunky babies 😘 you got ahold of the "latching on" right away! I thought I'd forget what I was supposed to do, thought I'd need the lactation consultant at the hospital to show me how to help you again, but nope-- it was like riding a bike! We are a good team :)

You are still in newborn clothes- they fit perfectly for length width they are a bit baggy, but not too bad. Never in my life did I think people would say "your daughter has long legs":: haha! I am 5'3"(on a good day) and your daddy is 5'9"= not very tall parents so hearing the word "long" to describe a child of mine is a bit shocking! Keep those long legs coming-- mommy is already jealous haha - xo -

You are noticing shadows lately which is neat to see - not really focusing on faces but you love when people sing to you- I don't have a wonderful voice, but I try my best. The song I sing to you is "isn't she lovely" by Stevie Wonder :: you and your sister both have your own song I sing to you! I sing to you all the time, and as soon as soon as I sing your song you instantly stop crying/squirming whatever you are doing you stop and listen, it's beautiful vi started singing to you when you were in my belly at about 6.5 months and looks like the song has stuck :)

I love you sweet girl - more today than yesterday, but not nearly as much as tomorrow

xoxo,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment