Saturday, November 24, 2012

3 weeks & Thanksgiving!




                           from our fam[ily] to yours <3                                 

Dearest Giana,


Here we are 3 weeks out from your birthday :) You are growing like a WEED & gaining lbs (love that). You are still the sweetest baby and are loved by so many. 



Current Weight
You do not have a doctors appointment until January (2 month appointment) so we wont know for sure, but I think I am going to buy a scale this week because I am so curious as to how much you are gaining a week! They say you should be gaining 1 ounce a day.. I think you are surpassing that- haha, not going to be mommy's "Peanut" for long :)

Size Clothes/Diapers

You are still in newborn clothes- the oneies with feet, just fit- not snug but just right- they are still a bit baggy, but its oh so cute to see you in outfits that you aren't swimming in! You are still in newborn diapers- gosh they are so cute, looks like you will be for a while little girl :)  


Eating
From day one you have been eating like a champ! I thought I'd forget how the breastfeeding number went, but it was like riding a bike for me and for you it was as if you've been doing it in the womb! You are nursing about 10+ times a day = you LOVE to eat which makes me one happy momma :) 


Sleep
This is what has surprised me the most ~ you enjoy your sleep!! The first night at the hospital I had to wake you up to feed you (because the nurse said so) I hated waking you up, but knew I had to get the milk flowing and the way to do so was to try to nurse you every 2 hours- but when we got home I decided you would tell me when you were hungry- and I'm so glad I trusted my mommy instincts -- you would cry more when I woke you up to eat, but when I let you decide when you only fuss to get my attention and then you are happy and eat well :-D you are sleeping 5 hour stretches at night!! I am a lucky momma :) nap time is about 45 mins- an hour, you eat an want to stay awake a lot longer whig is nice :) I love watching you take in your surroundings. Mommy feels well rested- so thank you baby girl~ keep up the good work :)

Milestones:
You lift your head all the time! No lazy baby sweet heart! When we do tummy time you will lay your head down for a moment but then pick it up look around and lay it back down looking the other way :) no rush on the other milestones- mommy is enjoying her little peanut <3

& now... the photos!
















i love you peanut, more than yesterday but not nearly as much as tomorrow <3

Love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment