Saturday, August 11, 2012

28 weeks!

Well well well... here we are 12 weeks shy of "D day" and I am freaking out! I keep up with a few different blogs of women who are expecting and funny enough some are due about a month or less than me which is nice to compare-- but also an eye opener:: I am NO where near ready for my baby girl. Yes physically I am in some serious day to day pain and almost beg to have her like yesterday but I'm reality I am so lucky and grateful that she is staying put an taking all the time she needs-- give your mama a little break every now and then G! Haha, anyway like I was saying no.where.near.ready... We have a changing table (posted a photo last week) and that's it... I keep telling myself "oh you have plenty of time" which sometimes I still think I do but in reality and compared to these other moms I'm following I have dropped the 8 ball. I have to get cracking on it- and will this week! 
     Baby shower invites are going out this week (says mama)-- I am looking forward to that! Each "big"event is a step closer to us meeting out sweet girl (#2) :) I am feeling a little better this week, still minor headaches, so I am not 100%, but am so thankful I am far from what I was feeling last week! I had so much planned to type for this post, but I am exhausted


 TWENTY-EIGHT WEEKS!
The baby is the size of a(n): EGGPLANT!
 






















 Welcome to the third trimester! Moms-to-be who are at 28 weeks and beyond are known for their lack of sleep. Remember if you find yourself up in the middle of the night, do something relaxing. This is not the time to vacuum the house from top to bottom -- even though you might feel the urge to do that at some point. Read a book, drink chamomile tea, listen to soothing music. Then try to get back to bed and get some rest! Being in the third trimester also means much of your and baby’s anatomy are ready to go -- she's prepping for breathing, and your breasts already have colostrum, which is what baby will eat the first few days until your milk comes in. You’ll also start feeling more Braxton Hicks contractions as your body gets ready for labor. Baby will keep getting bigger -- and smarter -- after week 28, and other than that, she just needs a few more finishing touches!


Photos from the week:

my sleeping loves <3


best friends <3 xo

best pals :)

my sweet sweet girl <3

I wish I started taking photos sooner, but hey at least I have from 13 weeks on -- I think if I hunt a little more I may be able to find some on a website I post on -- grow G grow <3 can't wait to see you MONDAY (ultrasound that is haha) xo

New Symptoms: the return of HEARTBURN!! It is killing me!! I switched to taking my prenatal vitamin at night because it was causing so much heart burn throughout the day that I now have to take it was a very tall glass of milk -- and I am not a big fan of milk, but it helps- at least I can sorta sleep and its not so bothersome, but wow- it is in FULL force! If G doesn't come out with ponytail length hair I'd be very surprised- haha <3
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Not sure, appointment on Wednesday which starts the appointments every 2 weeks!
Maternity Clothes:  no change, the nice part of it being dresses, they grow with you ;)
Stretch Marks: NONE! (keep fingers crossed)
Sleep: No change, but actually getting used to it, I think my nesting is kicking in again because as soon as I get up I start cleaning and love that I have the rest of the day not worrying about cleaning up (laundry <wash, dry, fold & put away> = BLAH".
Movement: SO MUCH MOVEMENT- I love that I can see her move <3 
Food Cravings/Aversions: nothing new :)
Gender:  GIRL :)
Belly Button In or Out:In!
What I Miss:  sleeping through the night - but looks like I may be missing that for some time unless G decides to be an absolute doll and sleep through the night- I won't hold my breath <3
What I am Looking Forward To: 3/4d ultrasound on the MONDAY!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment