Saturday, August 4, 2012

27 weeks!


Talked to my mom this week about BABY SHOWER : ) She will be here in 13 weeks! I am looking forward to this baby shower -- The one I had for T was beautiful, a time I will never forget; I'm a bit embarrassed because I have seen that baby showers are usually just for the 1st baby, and well since D and I did not think we were going to have another baby for 5+ years, we donated all a lot of the baby stuff we had for T :/ so now we are basically starting back at square one -- but believe me I have learned my lesson, save EVERYTHING no matter what, haha!
      On a "heavier" note; this was a rough week for me. I feel like G is testing all of my limits, but nothing in this world could make me love this little girl inside me more already, shes just going to get more loved and more loved -- the sciatica has still been painful, but I have learned how to live with it, I know I wont have it for ever so I just try to suck it up and think I'm doing a pretty good job, but this week it was a type of a pain I have NEVER experienced and it had NOTHING to do with my sciatic pain; it was my head. The left frontal lobe (as the doctors explain to me) it was hurting so bad I started to panic, but kept it cool on the outside that is until my right fingers (middle thru pinky) and right side of tongue went numb, my right eye felt as if it had a flash light directly in it and my speech was so hard to make out -- working in an assisted living I knew right away, holy $#^& I'm having a stroke.. I went to the emergency room and they were so wonderful, since I was by myself my anxiety was at an all time high and since my speech was getting mixed up I was getting angry that I couldn't get out what hurting I started to get more upset -- what was happening to me, and worse what was going on with G. I told the nurses I didn't want anything checked until they put a doppler on my stomach to make sure G was okay- thank god she was, her heart rate was 147 (which is usual) but what had me nervous was she was not as active as she usually is, but as I calmed down the nurses explained 1. I haven't been able to keep any food/drink down in the last 6 hours and 2. I am so wound up she is probably just laying low until things on the "outside" go back to normal. After several hours, two different medications for nausea, 2 mg of morphine (which I hated getting, but was in unbearable pain), 2 IV bags, a CAT-SCAN and some peanut butter crackers (I was starving) I had to play the waiting game. I had 3 different doctors come in, ER Doctor, Hospital Doctor and a NEUROLOGIST -- are you kidding me?? I was going crazy- thank god my mom was able to come be with me because I was so afraid something was going to happen to me. All 3 of the doctors believe I had an untreated migraine that had progressed to a transient ischemic attack --  A MINI STROKE -- me, 26 years old mother of one ALMOST 2.. a mini stroke--!@#$%^&*()_+ -- my brain was going crazy. After speaking to the neurologist one on one I had more of a better explanation, but was still worried. She and I discussed signs of a migraine that I need be aware of, and to know my body- which I did, I said from the beginning it was a T.I.A, but then brushed it off because I'm so young, but obviously strokes (can't believe I'm using that word to describe myself) don't care how old you are. They wanted to keep me over night for observation, but since my BP had been back to normal for a few hours and my pain felt a bit more manageable I asked to go home, because I knew the medicine that would make it better was to go home to my family - D,T,,& L -  I have never been so grateful for my family and to open the door and have the first words i hear " OH MOMMY!" it melted my heart and obviously made me cry, I was so happy to be home. This weekend, I am to take it easy- stay out of the sun sadly, take a Tylenol when i need too, not wait to see if it passes and r.e.s.t. which is VERY hard for me, but for G's sake I will! 
    Started my THIRD trimester with a BANG, but its okay - "This too shall pass" <3 I love my family and for them I KNOW I will prevail. Onto another week :) and the 3RD TRIMESTER!!

photos from the week: 

1st time playing with barbies - LOVED to brush their hair :)

thank the good Lord I have great animals, my sweet Luna!

loves of my life <3

TWENTY-SEVEN WEEKS!
The baby is the size of a : RUTABAGA!

                  
             
At 27 weeks, baby is breathing (it’s amniotic fluid, not air, but it still counts) and even showing brain activity. You’ve got a lot on your brain, too, from wondering what labor and delivery is going to be like to trying to find the best pediatrician for baby. The annoying symptoms you’ve been having probably aren’t going away, but at least you’ve probably found some ways to deal with them -- and hey, maybe you’re used to them right now. As you say goodbye to the second trimester, you can look forward to some pretty embarrassing stuff (like having to pee all the time -- and maybe even when you don’t mean to at all) that’s all par for the late-pregnancy course. It’s time to head down the home stretch. Are you ready?



New Symptoms:  Headaches [ :( ]

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I think I gained a pound, not sure- doctors appointment next week so I will know for sure next post!
Maternity Clothes:  same-- dresses, not much maternity-- it's too hot!
Stretch Marks: NONE!
Sleep: The past two days I have slept WONDERFULLY- but I do believe it's because of the Tylenol with Codeine I got after my... lets say incident, I'm sure I will go back to "normal" in a few days time once I get back on my feet!
Movement: SO MUCH MOVEMENT- I love that I can see her move <3
Food Cravings/Aversions: nothing new :)
Gender:  GIRL :)
Belly Button In or Out:In!
What I Miss:  A COLD BEER! I have said it in an earlier post,but this summer heat is killing me -- nothing quenches a thirst like an iced cold BUD-LIGHT LIME! -- on a lighter note, i miss belly sleeping ;) didnt realize how much of one I was until now!
What I am Looking Forward To: 3/4d ultrasound on the 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment